Sunday, June 18, 2006

Worst. Episode. Ever.

Screw it: make that "Worst 45 minutes of TV. Ever."

I refer of course to Doctor Who 28x10 (aka. 2x02 to those of you who accept the BBCs revisionist episode numbers aka "Love and Monsters" to those of you who think episode numbers are geeky aka "The one with the monster that absorbs people" to people who can't remember episode names, aka "The one with Peter Kay" to people who read 'the sun').

I was expecting this to be shite, and yet RTD still managed to disappoint me!

The ONLY good thing about the episode was the Absorbalof (the concept mind, not the actual finished hotpot guzzling product).

Think about that: the best thing about the episode was the part created by a 9 year old child! - even more damming is that Peter "I'm dead funny me" Kay wasn't the worst thing about the episode.

Gun to my head, I'm really not sure I could choose the worst thing but contenders would have to be:

1) The Scooby Doo style "chase"
2) The Doctor damming an innocent girl to an existence as a paving slab with a face.
3) The fact that we were expected to swallow point 2 as a 'happy ending'

I could rant all day about this, but I won't...

No comments: